Seasoning Instructions for your Custom Grill Grate
- Wash your new grate with soap and water and dry well. An old rag tends to do the job.
- Apply a liberal amount of cooking oil to all sides of your grate (PAM works well, but oil and some paper towels will also work)
- Remove any excess drips with a paper towel, but ensure that all surfaces have been oiled
- Pre-heat your grill to approximately 350 degrees. Heat grate for approximately 2-3 hours. Add a light coat of oil every 20-30 mins or as needed. This, along with regular use, will ensure that your grate will not develop rust.
- Clean excess food and apply a light coat of oil after each use. This will ensure that your grate will not develop rust, and you will always be ready for your next use.
- If your grate begins to rust, clean well and remove rust with wire brush or sandpaper, and follow these steps from the beginning.
- For any questions, please contact The Burn Shop at (940) 631-6117