If you are ready to purchase a custom grate, please fill out the order form and in the description please include the diameter/dimensions of the grate you are wanting. Also describe the design you are wanting or include an image in the file attachment. We will confirm your order and provide you with an estimate. We will get back with you as quick as we can with a proof for your approval. Upon approval, we will email you an invoice to pay online. Once payment is received, we will cut and ship your grate within 7 days. The entire process usually takes 1-2 weeks, but will increase during the holidays.
Seasoning Instructions for your Custom Grill Grate
- Wash your new grate with soap and water and dry well. An old rag tends to do the job.
- Apply a liberal amount of cooking oil to all sides of your grate (PAM works well, but oil and some paper towels will also work)
- Remove any excess drips with a paper towel, but ensure that all surfaces have been oiled
- Pre-heat your grill to approximately 350 degrees. Heat grate for approximately 2-3 hours. Add a light coat of oil every 20-30 mins or as needed. This, along with regular use, will ensure that your grate will not develop rust.
- Clean excess food and apply a light coat of oil after each use. This will ensure that your grate will not develop rust, and you will always be ready for your next use.
- If your grate begins to rust, clean well and remove rust with wire brush or sandpaper, and follow these steps from the beginning.
- For any questions, please contact The Burn Shop at (940) 631-6117